Social Media Marketing mimics our everyday lives and relationships in many ways. The more you Give..the more you’re going to Get!
Social Media and Life are a constant fluid stream of in-taking and out-putting information to and from the world around us. Both require effort and communication to make relationships a Success!
There is truly more to social media and online marketing than clever Facebook Marketing Campaigns, contests from third party apps and bland conversations within all of your news feeds. Talking isn’t the only thing that makes social media.. Social.
Listening, Adding Value and Engaging with your target audience helps you find your Sweet Spot and connect with others online. This is where you truly start to align with your followers and convert them to loyal brand advocates.
Here are (4) attributes that we can strive for when leveraging Real Life Relationships for Social Media Success!
- Develop Genuine Engaging Interactions with People- Be willing to go deeper than the surface to form a sincere bond with others- either online or in real time- Get Real and be Yourself to connect effectively!
- Committ to Investing in the Relationship- Be devoted to your friends and followers. The work that you do to enhance relationships comes back to you online as you create brand advocates and friends.
- Be an Awesome Listener- Nothing speaks louder than listening, this is why we have 2 ears and only 1 mouth! Take the time to analyze what others are saying online and then feed them super content for lunch.
- Have Fun and Know how to Be Relevant- Life is all about fun, and Social Media is like one big online office party! Live it up, Enjoy your online experiences- yet remain professional in all you say and do.
If you’re a business or brand leveraging Social Media Marketing to expand your reach and connect with your Target Market Online, then you must meet and interact with your audience right where they’re at, whether this be on the Facebook Page for your Business, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+. Seek and search for ways to treat your connections like your real-life friends. There are oodles of resources to tap into.
When you gather friends and followers, you then need to make it All about Them, because as the graph below shows, you don’t want to lose friends and have followers unsubscribe you. Make it your goal to absolutely stay interesting, share content that assists them in some way, and find the balance between posting often, but not so often that you’re annoying! Measure your analtyics, performance results and Facebook Insights to make sure that you’re hitting the mark and not throwing darts and just hoping to hit the bullseye. Connect with other local business, form tribes, @mention and share each others status updates and be a friend!
“Communication is the Key to Success and Higher Productivity”
What are your thougths? Do you think that our Everyday Life Relationships should actually mimic the way that we are promoting our personal brand or business online leveraging Social Media?
Can we overlap the two with Success and amplify our ability to reach our target market? I truly think we can! Our goal should be engaging authentically and creating an online community of brand advocates!
- How To Use Social Media To Promote Your Small Business
- Get Your Head out of the Sand, It’s time to Get Your Business on Facebook
- Social Media Power Tips by Mari Smith