Social Media Networking is truly becoming One Big Online Office Party!
No, I don’t mean that you meander from Facebook to Twitter and head over to LinkedIn to see what’s going on in your city and where to hang out over the weekend..(although you could!) What I mean, is that the online social relationships and networking that are occurring are similar to an awesome office party!
Relationships online are proving to be upbeat, encouraging and promote positive business connections 24/7 – all utilizing Social Media Platforms. Just like face-to-face networking, the benefits of authentic online social media networking are well worth your time and effort.
Each one of us brings our own DNA into how we interact with others, some make fast friends while yet another set of people take their slow, sweet time to get to know you before they feel that they can trust you. If you spend any amount of time online, and studies show we do, you’ll quickly realize that it’s very rewarding! Your investment in your Social Media profiles is truly personal branding at it’s best!
Check out how these online Social Networking friendships start, and how you can add value to your efforts online!
- Real Relationships start on your Facebook Profiles and carry over to the News Feed- With over 700 Million global users, Facebook is the best place that I know of to “meet” new friends online.
- 1. Start interacting with others and pages to join in conversations by commenting and engaging on posts that you enjoy on your News Feed.
- 2. Consider start a Facebook group in the line of work that you’re in or where your passions lie. You’ll have immediate new connections to network with!
- 3. Use the Facebook search bar, or ask some of your friends if they’re in any groups. Chances are many of them are going on right in your area.
- 4. Posting a Facebook status update is another great way to find out where people are engaging. Go jump in to network and learn for the Win!
- Tweet your way to Success!- Twitter‘s real time results as a micro blogging site allow you to instantly connect with like-minded, fun Tweeps!
- 1. Dive in and start @replying and @mentioning with a few and watch you connections grow to many.
- 2.Join in the party on Twitter is to get involved in a # Hashtag #TweetChat- These are weekly set gatherings on Twitter whereby Tweeple tweet back and forth rapidly about best practices on releveant topics of interest and even have guest influencers on the #Tweetchat. These are a few I follow and enjoy. #GetRealchat, #SMManners, and #blogchat – Here are a few websites with many #listings #twitterchat for you to choose from.
- Get Linked(in)!- LinkedIn- Billed the ‘professionals networks, LinkedIn is truly all about Lead Networking. The more time you spend on LinkedIn, the more value and worth you’ll see in it’s power. It’s not just for Job Seekers and Recruitment.
- Over 69% of Fortune 100′s source talent via LinkedIn, it’s much ado about groups, appointment setting, and “I know someone that you should connect with”. Your Twitter feed and Blog and even YouTube channel can be integrated into your profile and give you a true party atmosphere! When it comes to LinkedIn, you will get out, what you are willing to put in!
Social Media as an entire platform is truly All About Connecting with People.
When you move from the news feed, to groups or # Tweettchats, to direct messaging and emailing, you are converting yourself into real time connections that will lead to meeting face to face, on Skype or whatever form of digital teleconference communication is available to you to complete the business cycle.
Social Media is enhancing how we do business and engage online!
From Shout Out’s for a job well done, to praises and accolades given when you notice a client or customer has received an award or posted a photo- You can utilize Social Media to amplify your voice and reach that person. Allow each Social Media platform to work to your advantage, and even generate leads. Never quit learning from others, stay passionate about your niche and Go Be Awesome!
Please Share your Best Practices by commenting below and Thanks for the read! ~ Keri