Crash.. Bang.. Boom! There is Power being generated through leveraging Social Media! Social Media has taken the way that we as consumers, brands and businesses engage and connect online to an entirely new level of communication. We are more connected and able to share, gather, curate and expedite information in the click of a mouse than ever before.
- 79 % of all Adult Americans use the internet.
- 10.3 Billion Searches are conducted on Google every month.
- 1 out of every 8 minutes online is spent on Facebook.
- 40% of Facebook users are over the age of 35yrs.
- 90 Million Tweets are sent on Twitter daily.
There is some definite Power in this Platform! Businesses truly must implement some objective ‘Keys to Success’ and then strategize Social Media into their marketing plan in order to tap into and fully benefit from this energy source. You want to make sure that you have a rock solid marketing strategy that puts an emphasis on your true objective as you endeavor into Social Media for your Business or Brand. Social Media is your opportunity to Shine!
Choosing the correct Social Media platform for your business to delve into Social Media with is important at the inception of your online marketing strategy. There truly isn’t a business around that cannot benefit from creating a Facebook Page and then maximizing engagement there with their target audience. Remember, it’s about trying to start real time conversations with your followers, not a “Here I am, Look at Me” mentality.. Your goal is to make your community feel connected to you so that they become your Brand Advocates! Your Biggest Fans and the best Word-of-Mouther’s around!
Creating e a profile on Twitter, LinkedIn or YouTube, more depend on the nature of your business and how committed you will be to following through with your content, editorial scheduling and implementation of your goals.
Capitalizing on writing content rich blogs, and building a Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter is a super place to start. If you happen to be a manufacturer of goods, a restaurant or a brand with the creative ability to videocast or drive traffic into your location via SMS texting and moblile Geo Location, then adding Twitter would benefit you.
Choosing the exact platform fit for the perfect storm of Social Media Marketing doesn’t happen overnight, but with diligence and effort, you can achieve great online success!
- Start with answering the “Why” ?-- Why do I want to engage? Is it to drive traffic to my website, to form an online community for my brand..to capture and grow my email marketing list, or perhaps to gain attendance to events that your business is hosting? Whatever the reason, start with a clear cut definitive plan of action to get yourself hitting the mark right from your inception.
- Create & Design Your profiles and pages to really connect with the ‘True You’, the DNA of your business- Have these be clear, functional and easily read with 100% clarity
- Curate Content and Promote your Profiles- Get with your printer and include your new profiles into everything you do..Invoices, business cards, quotes, job fairs, brochuures etc.. Promote and Create content that will be of benefit to the new community that you are targeting engagement with.
- Engagement and Conversion- Answer the Questions that you believe your target market ( anyone that you have done, will do or hope to do business with) want the answers to! Let them own your space! It’s a place where your fans, followers, networking pals and Tweeple should be engaged in a constant flow of communication about wherever the given topic may lead. You are the moderator and the one who keeps the convo engaging and fun! If you can find this “Sweet Spot” you’ll be golden!
- Track & Measure- Utilize Facebook Insights, Analytic Tools and data that can show you how well you are meeting your given goals and then keep setting the bar higher!
It has been an exciting journey so far, and I believe we can all agree, the best is truly yet to come! The sky’s the limit when you start tapping into the power of Social Media Marketing!
It is going to remain forever, a marketing technique that has permanently revolutionized the way the we consume information, follow brands and business and connect with friends and family.
Social Media Enhances The Way That We Live and has forever changed online marketing!