We’ve been hearing alot of ”Buzz” (pun intended!) surrounding the amazing benefits of Google Places for businesses. Creating a Google Places profile is like getting yourself on the map and claiming your space within Web 2.0. The benefits of a fully Keyword optimized Google Places profile for your business can truly be a marketing blessing for your brick and mortar location. You can also see the direct results Google Places offers, as it drives direct traffic (pun intended.. again!) to your location while at the same time increasing traffic to your website. Another advantage of Google Places is that users now have this platform in their Google Search toolbar on all of the major Google smart phone based operating systems, so they can search for you and you’ll readily pop-up on their mobile device. Claiming your place is easy, and can be done in a few simple steps found here in this Google Places guide. Be sure to consider sharing an update or creating an offer on your place page and keep an eye on your dashboard! You’ll need to create a Gmail account first, to get all things Google related..started.
- Creating a Google Profile allows YOU to dictate how the world sees you as they specifically search for your name. This is a good thing, because You are the best original version of yourself. Why not make a wonderful first impression? You never get a chance to make a second..right! Adding a Google Profile allows you to leverage a “self-listing” for your name, maximizing the power of Google Search as you go about personal branding.
- If you are trying to rank for your name- creating a Google Profile is a super place to start. Be sure to replicate your exact bio across all of your online platforms: Google Places, Bing, Yelp etc. so that you are leaving the same imprint wherever you go for top of mind awareness and accuracy management.
- SEO Enhancement is another reason to create a Google Profile. This has the potential to garner the ability to create DoFollow links within your Google Profile that direct to your website or other locations. Make sure that you link them to Keywords that are specific to your niche and that users are looking for when they search for you. Tapping into and augmenting traffic via a Google Profile is a super resource for You.
- Creating a Google Profile allows you to maximize your listing and have it immediately make it to the first page of Google! (That’s if your name isn’t John Smith!) If it is.. you’re going to have to get really creative!
- Google Profiles are also a valuable way to showcase all of the Social Media platforms where you have a presence. Google has integrated them in template form, and all you have to do is add your URL’s and the links are then live.
- Investing in your own Personal Branding has never been easier than it is right now. Setting up my Google Profile below literally took me all of 10 minutes and is well worth the investment in yourself.
If you have any other great “Tips”, You can feel free to post them right here!
Now, Let’s Go Be Awesome!